Sonos for Mac 8.6
Sonos for Mac is an app that allows you to control a Sonos Music System. The Sonos Music System is an array of HiFi wireless speakers and audio components that have been designed for every space in your home. With Sonos your digital music collection is available to use from one app that you control from any device.
Key Features include:
- Sonos favourites: Get quick and easy access to the music you love the most from the Sonos app. Once you create a favourite, it will be accessible from your Main Menu.
- Sonos playlists: Save music queues for future listening with the Info View icon on your Now Playing screen. Access your personalised playlists from the Main Menu.
- Music library: Play music housed on up to 16 Macs, PC's or other storage devices on your home network.
- Internet radio: The Sonos app comes pre-loaded with TuneIn Radio to deliver over 100,000 free radio stations, shows and podcasts from across the globe – all for free.
- Mobile music: Wirelessly play music stored on your iOS devices as well as Android devices, from the Main Menu.
- Add music services: Search across services to access all the music on earth. Find the latest and greatest free, trial and paid music streaming services you love.
- Alarm: Schedule your system to play any of your music sources at a specific time. Select specific Sonos players or rooms to set volume, duration and more.
- Share: Tell your friends what you’re listening to on Sonos. Share your status or send an email or text. Just tap the Info View icon and select 'Share.'
The Sonos for Mac app, allows you to remotely control your Sonos Music System with a sleek look, fast search features, high quality streaming, and adaptive volume control. It is easy to set up and use. The interface is very intuitive and is a joy to use. If you have a Sonos Music System, and own a Mac, then you need to get this app.
Enjoy even better sound from Playbase. The refined soundstage should feel even wider. We’ve also adjusted the EQ to ensure smoother bass, clearer TV dialogue and less pronounced high frequencies. Use Trueplay tuning to optimize Playbase for your room’s acoustics.
It’s even easier to find the Add a new speaker option in the More tab in the Sonos app for iOS and Android.
The Sonos app for Windows now uses HTTP for local file sharing instead of the now-deprecated SMBv1 protocol. If you’re sharing your music library with Sonos, you will be prompted after updating to complete this change.
The Sonos app now supports the Polish language.
If you have not finished setting up your Sonos account, you will be prompted to do so after updating. A Sonos account lets you add more speakers, get new features and safely and securely integrate with your streaming apps. Soon it will be mandatory to finish setting up your account. Learn more.
New messaging capabilities are available within the Sonos app for Android and iOS devices.
Reliability improvements and bug fixes.